Summer Swim Program Positions Available
The Municipality of Highlands East is currently accepting applications for Swim Instructor/Lifeguard, Assistant Instructor/Lifeguard and Shiftguard positions in the Summer Swim Program. This is a seasonal position that will run from June 30, 2018 to August 25, 2018. Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, the successful applicants will be working in the swim program at the Cardiff Pool/Gooderham Beach/Wilbermere Beach.
Hours of work: Various hours (9am – 8pm). Dependent on beach/pool duties/assignments.
Days of work: Monday – Saturday
- WHMIS Training.
- Must be (16) years of age
- Possess current Bronze Cross certificate
- Possess current Standard First Aid certificate with “CPR” C
- Swim Instructors need to possess the Red Cross WSI Certification & the Lifesaving Society Lifesaving Instructor Certification
- Assistant Instructors need to possess the Red Cross Assistant WSI Certification
- Possession of current NLS certificate for Pool is required for Swim Instructors/Assistant Instructors/Lifeguards
- Possession of current NLS certificate for Waterfront for the beach is an asset
- Must have reliable transportation to the Cardiff Pool and Gooderham Beach/Wilbermere Beach as required
- Any other related certificates will be considered an asset.
Interested applicants may submit their resume including references, in confidence to:
Shannon Hunter, CAO/Treasurer
Municipality of Highlands East
P.O. Box 295, 2249 Loop Road
Wilberforce, ON, K0L 3C0
E-Mail: shunter [at] highlandseast [dot] ca
Direct inquiries to: Stewart Hurd, Environmental Supervisor at 613-339-2442
Applications clearly marked “Application - Summer Swim Program” may be submitted on or before May 11th, 2018 at 3:00PM via Mail, in Person, Fax or Email.