Position Available: Part-time By-Law Enforcement Officer
The Municipality of Highlands East is seeking a part-time By-Law Enforcement Officer (Up to 30 hours/week, varied days of the week) paying $25.44/hour.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for enforcement of municipal by-laws, investigating complaints regarding by-law breaches both during regular work hours and after hours as requested. Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Completion of secondary education plus up to two (2) years of Community College in the field of law enforcement or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of Municipal Law Enforcement work experience
- Proficient computer and record management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Good understanding of Municipal By-Laws, the Provincial Offences Act and other related legislation
- Valid Ontario Driver's License
- Two (2) years progressive experience in a related field or in a municipal Law Enforcement.
- Experience in report and letter writing.
Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
- Investigate complaints and compliant areas and complete file from start to end
- Research of by-laws, zoning issues and other information as required
- Prepare correspondence, Orders to Comply and court materials
- Research and prepare reports on investigation matters and proposed by-laws
- Attend court proceedings in relation to by-laws
- Maintain file and reporting system
- Compile of Statistical Information in relation to by-laws
- Enforce all by-laws at the direction of CAO, CBO or Council
- Provide assistance as required by other Municipal Departments where by-law issues arise
- Prepare monthly report on by-law enforcement duties for Council
- Prepare letters to ratepayers in relation to enforcement and interpretation of Municipal By-Laws
- Acts as liaison with various municipal and provincial agencies
- May perform other duties as assigned
Applications clearly marked “Application – By-Law Enforcement” may be submitted on or before 12:00 p.m. on August 30th, 2019 via mail, in person, fax or email. Interested applicants may submit their resume, including references, in confidence to:
Shannon Hunter, CAO/Treasurer Municipality of Highlands East
P.O. Box 295, 2249 Loop Road
Wilberforce, ON, K0L 3C0
E-Mail: shunter [at] highlandseast [dot] ca
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Municipality of Highlands East is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to contact the CAO/Treasurer. Applicant information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with the Municipality of Highlands East. Questions about this collection should be directed to Shannon Hunter, C.A.O.