Position Available: Compliance Technician/Operator
The Municipality of Highlands East is currently seeking a Compliance Technician/Operator.
Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, the Compliance Technician/Operator will be responsible for legislative reporting requirements in the Environmental Department. Assists the Environmental Supervisor in overseeing the water, sewer and landfill operations in the Municipality. Provides assistance with regards to all operations and compliance of water treatment, water distribution, wastewater treatment, wastewater collection and landfill operations within the Municipality.
- Post-secondary education in an environmental field
- Certification in Water & Wastewater Treatment - minimum Operator-in-Training and/or WQA or ability to obtain in a short period of time
- Preference will be given to individuals with a Class I Water/Wastewater Operator Designation in all four disciplines (Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Treatment, and Wastewater Collection).
- Knowledge of Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations
- Working knowledge of Ontario Waste Management Regulations (O. Reg. 347) as it pertains to landfill and septage receiving operations
- SWANA Training (an asset)
- Thorough knowledge of water/wastewater treatment operations and compliance.
- Experience/knowledge pertaining to the Drinking Water Quality Management Standard (DWQMS) and Source Water Protection (SWP)
- Valid Class G driver’s license
- Working knowledge of relevant computer systems/programs (MS Office)
- Good written, oral and presentation skills in order to prepare/present all relevant procedures, plans and reports as required to maintain compliance within the various water, wastewater and landfill facilities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Hours of Work
Shall consist of 40 hrs/week, 7:00AM to 3:30PM Monday – Friday, On-Call/After hour duties, as required. Competitive Wage & Benefit Package Offered Including Pension.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated team of municipal professionals, applications clearly marked “Application – Compliance Technician/Operator" may be submitted on or before 12:00PM, August 14th, 2019 via mail, in person, fax or email. Interested applicants may submit their resume, including references, in confidence to:
Shannon Hunter, CAO/Treasurer
Municipality of Highlands East
P.O. Box 295, 2249 Loop Rd.
Wilberforce, ON, K0L 3C0
E-Mail: shunter [at] highlandseast [dot] ca
A copy of the detailed job description is available for download below. The Municipality of Highlands East is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to contact the CAO/Treasurer. Applicant information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with the Municipality of Highlands East. Questions about this collection should be directed to Shannon Hunter, CAO/Treasurer.