Landfill Student Summer Position Available
The Municipality of Highlands East is currently accepting applications for the Environmental Department. This is a seasonal position that will run from May 13th, 2018 to September 2nd, 2018. Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, the successful applicants will be working in the maintenance & operations of the municipal landfills.
Hours of work: Minimum 30 hours/week
Days of work: Monday – Sunday
Assist the Landfill Attendant with the following:
- Direct the public as to where waste is to be deposited within the landfill site area and provide assistance when required. .
- Maintain and operate the landfill site in accordance with the certificate of approval issued by the MOECC.
- Ensure hazardous materials are handled according to Ministry of the Environment guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of incoming loads, monies received, log summaries, collect tipping fees and issue receipts.
- Inspect the site daily to ensure public safety and regulatory compliance.
- Clean landfill premises and around recycling bins, fence and gate areas on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- WHMIS Training.
- First Aid Training considered an asset.
- Any other related certificates will be considered an asset.
Interested applicants may submit their resume including references, in confidence to:
Shannon Hunter, CAO/Treasurer
Municipality of Highlands East
P.O. Box 295, 2249 Loop Road
Wilberforce, ON ,K0L 3C0
Direct inquiries to:
Stewart Hurd, Environmental Supervisor at 613-339-2442
Applications clearly marked “Application-Landfill Summer Student-Environmental Department” may be submitted on or before April 16th, 2018 at 3:00PM via Mail, in Person, Fax or Email.
The Municipality thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Personal information collected will be used solely for applicant selection in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSO, 1990.
The Municipality of Highlands East is an equal opportunity employment employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon advance notice of specific accommodation required.