Assistant Environmental Operator Position Available
Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, the Assistant Environmental Operator will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of all Municipal water and wastewater facilities, including treatment, distribution and collection systems. As an Environmental Operator duties will also include Operator-in-charge (OIC) designation in accordance with all relevant Municipal, Provincial, and Federal legislation, standards and policies. Perform on-call duties, as required, on a rotational basis. Operator will also provide assistance to other areas of the environmental operations, as required i.e. landfill, snow removal and swimming pool.
- Post-Secondary Diploma, such as Environmental Technician, or equivalent combination of education/work experience
- Preference will be given to individuals with a Class I or higher Water/Wastewater Operator Designation in all four disciplines (Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Treatment, Wastewater Collection).
- Minimum Operator-in-Training (OIT) certification in all four disciplines.
- Strong working knowledge of Ontario Health and Safety Act and Regulations, Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, OWRA and EPA.
- WHMIS certification.
- Standard First Aid (considered and asset)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, including operation of SCADA system.
- Sound mechanical ability
- Must possess an Ontario Class G Driver’s License
Hours of Work shall consist of 40 hrs/wk, 7AM to 3:30PM, Monday - Friday
Competitive Wage & Benefit Package Offered Including Pension
If you are interested in joining our dedicated team of municipal professionals, applications clearly marked “Application – Assistant Environmental Operator” may be submitted on or before 4:00PM on May 3rd, 2018 via mail, in person, fax or email. Interested applicants may submit their resume, including references, in confidence to:
Shannon Hunter, CAO/Treasurer
Municipality of Highlands East
P.O. Box 295, 2249 Loop Road
Wilberforce, ON, K0L 3C0
The Municipality of Highlands East is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to contact the CAO/Treasurer. Applicant information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with the Municipality of Highlands East. Questions about this collection should be directed to Shannon Hunter, C.A.O.