Draft Official Plan Now Available for Public Review and Comment
Council for the Municipality of Highlands East is in the process of reviewing and updating the Official Plan for the Municipality. In the spring of 2010, Council released a Background Report summarizing key policy and planning issues to be considered as part of the Official Plan Review. The release of this report was followed by two public open houses held in September 2010.
These documents are available via the following link: Official Plan Review and Update Discussion Paper and Maps
On April 12, 2011, Council received a revised Draft Official Plan and directed that it be made available for public review and comment. This Draft Official Plan is available for download below and the Municipality has scheduled public open houses for the Official Plan on June 17 and 18, 2011 at the Lloyd Watson Centre in Wilberforce.
- Official Plan Draft Amendments Posted May 19, 2011 (1.31MB)
- Official Plan Draft Posted April 24, 2011 (1.61MB)
- Schedule A, Map: Land Use (2.93MB)
- Schedule B, Map: Natural Heritage Features (797KB)
- Schedule C, Map: Transportation (1.76MB)
- Schedule D, Map: Metallic Mineral Potential (1.85MB)
For more information please contact: