The Municipality of Highlands East is currently accepting applications for the position of Sewage Disposal System Maintenance Inspector.
This is a seasonal position that will run from May 1st, 2017 to August 25th, 2017 (40 hrs/week).
- Conversing with property owners and the public;
- Prepare property survey form and discussions with owners;
- Obtain field measurements as requires;
- Prepare journals of completed “inspections”;
- Prepare site inspection reports/sketches;
- Take photos as required in addition to site review;
- Maintain care for equipment/vehicles as required;
- Practice field safety.
- Hold a valid G driving license
- Has been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Preference for Civil or Environmental Technology, Public Health and Safety or Environmental Science program;
- Some knowledge of On-Site sewage disposal system operation;
- Good oral and written communication skills’
- Ability to read maps and use GPS;
- Ability to exhibit polite and respectful attitude;
- Knowledge of safety in the workplace.
Interested applicants may submit their resume including references, in confidence to:
Shannon Hunter C.A.O.
Municipality of Highlands East
P.O. Box 295, 2249 Loop Road
Wilberforce, ON K0L 3C0
Direct inquiries to: Laurie Devolin, Chief Building Official at 705-447-0051
Applications clearly marked “Application-Sewage Disposal Maintenance Inspector” may be submitted on or before April 4th, 2017 at 3:00PM via Mail, In Person, Fax or Email.
The Municipality thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Personal information collected will be used solely for applicant selection in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSO, 1990. The Municipality of Highlands East is an equal opportunity employment employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon advance notice of specific accommodation required.